Gingerbread, White Chocolate Chip and Raspberry Jam Sandwich Cookies

Saturday 26 April 2014

  photo SAM_4258_zps212669af.jpg

I have to say . . . I am awfully fond of the flavours of gingerbread . . . those warm baking spices . . .  ginger, cinnamon, cloves . . . and molasses, thick and sweet.   Oh so good.

 photo SAM_4259_zpsf6df254f.jpg

I'm also awfully fond of jam, I admit . . . but then you already knew that.    It doesn't matter which kind, I'm not overly fussed, although I do quite like strawberry and raspberry jams . . .  raspberry jam in particular has a great affinity for gingerbread flavours.   Trust me.  Tis true.

  photo SAM_4260_zpsba0da073.jpg

And when that gingerbread comes in the form of big SOFT sugary cookies, stogged full of white chocolate chips . . . and layered together in pairs with raspberry jam . . .  well, I am also pretty AWFULLY fond of that!

 photo SAM_4261_zps5672d843.jpg

I cannot think of anyone that wouldn't fall in love with these delightfully delicious cookies.   These are truly what I would call "Moreish."  Scrummy even . . .  not to belabor a point.

 photo SAM_4263_zps16a4ff55.jpg

Add to the mix a nice glass of ice cold milk and . . .  well . . .  it's just heavenly bliss.  There is no other way to describe the experience.   Winners all round.  If you love gingerbread, and you love jam, and you love white chocolate and cookies and milk . . .  you will positively ADORE these tasty little babies.  I'd stake my reputation on that.  I really would.  Make sure you bring your appetites.  These are hefty little delights!

  photo SAM_4264_zps8c40e9f3.jpg


*Gingerbread, White Chocolate Chip and Jam Sandwich Cookies*
Makes 12 large double cookies
Yes, you HAVE died and gone to Heaven.   Soft gingerbread cookies, filled with white chocolate chips and sandwiched together with raspberry jam.  What's not to like?


170g of butter at room temperature (3/4 cup, or 6 ounces in weight)
190g of granulated sugar (1 cup)
1 medium free range egg, plus 1 egg yolk
30ml of dark treacle, combined with 30ml of golden syrup  (1/4 cup molasses)
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
325g of plain flour (2 1/4 cups)
265g of white chocolate chips (1 1/2 cups)
additional granulated sugar for rolling
raspberry jam for fillng

 photo SAM_4266_zpsc280e594.jpg


Preheat the oven to 180*C/350*F/ gas mark 4.   Line several large baking sheets with baking paper set aside.

Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.  Beat in the eggs and egg yolk to combine.  Beat in the treacle mixture.  Sift the flour, spices, soda and salt together.   Stir this into the wet mixture until aough comes together.  Stir in chocolate chips.   

Roll into 2 inch in diameter balls.  Roll the balls in granulated sugar.  Place at least 2 to 3 inches apart on the baking sheets.    Bake in the preheated oven for 11 minutes, until the edges are turning golden brown. Allow to stand on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before scooping onto wire racks to finish cooling completely. 

Once they are completely cold, sandwich together in pairs with raspberry jam.   Delicious.
Store in an airtight container.

5 comments

  1. What amazing and delicious cookies Marie look amazing:) send hugs and love:)
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog and recipes!! I'm a recipe blogger from Washington State, and there are sooo many recipes I want try from your blog! :)
    kmkayefamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Gloria. Love and hugs to you too!!

    THanks Kayla. You are too kind. Start off with this recipe. This is a fabulous cookie!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally pinnable:)
    I just made some oatmeal blueberry choc ones you might like:) Not my recipe..will share if I can get a good pic..
    Cookie monsters here..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Monique, those sound really tasty! I can't wait to see the recipe! I would give anything to have Cookie Monsters in my kitchen!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!